We are sailing under the GG bridge tomorrow! It’ll be exactly seven months at sea. Link to virtual attempt here.
There haven’t been many new developments:
- we got the mainsail repaired (the top batten pocket had been ripped) and checked all batten cars. We discovered that the headboard card is damaged. The pin/axle connecting the two cars holding the head was bent: how is a mystery. And the mainsail cover got a lot of love too.
- we got the gennaker repaired as the leech started to come apart.
- we got the bottom cleaned up.
- I did go sailing a couple of times and managed to put the flying fish spinnaker in the water. I also have concerns again about one of the hydro-generator, which made an unexpected sound at speeds above 7-8 kts.
- we signed up for the YRA Blue water bash next weekend.
- I’ve reached out to the WSSRC who is willing to grant me a one year extension.
It was interesting to follow Ryan Finn as he rounded Cape Horn going West.
That’s all I have for you.