Winch maintenance is done! I had plans for today that didn’t materialize. Instead I noticed that the tank was half full again. So I topped it up, and with a bit of diesel left in the pour over filter, I decided to finish the winch maintenance.
There were three left to do: the mainsheet and the two primaries. I did the halyard winches a while ago. Both primaries had a plastic bushing that was broken. Luckily the service kit included these pieces. I also replaced all pawl springs. And of course cleaned everything in the bit of diesel, which leaves me with wonderfully smelling hands!
That job is off the list, yippee!
One thought on “Dirty job”
Those winches are beautiful bits of engineering